Our Loved Ones Living Fully & Safely in their Twilight Years
Putting an elderly parent or spouse into a Nursing home is a difficult decision. A reputable nursing home will provide your loved one with the care and support they require. Skilled nursing facilities are state-licensed and monitored. However here are 10 questions to ask before choosing the right home:
1. What is the monthly cost?
2. What is included in the cost?
3. What is the initial cost?
4. Are outside care providers allowed, including companions, private duty nurses, and nurses’ aides?
5. What are the restrictions regarding outside care providers?
6. How many patient accidents have occurred in the past 12 months?
7. What are the visiting hours?
8. Can special dietary needs be met?
9. What social and recreational activities are available?
10. What are the terms of termination of residence?