Today is national have fun at work day! Considering the last two years, we all really need to take some time to slow down and enjoy, even at work. Here are five tips for doing just that.
1) have a daily to-do list; having a list of things you want to accomplish during a given day helps to reduce the feelings of being overwhelmed, which leads to more significant stress.
2) leave work problems at work - taking work issues home will only lead to added stress and disruption in your home life-your friends and family should be the priority when you are not in the office. When you are not working, don't make work the priority. Remember, no one ever said they wished they had spent more time at the office, but many people say they wish they had spent more time making memories with family and friends.
3) leave home problems at home - being consumed with what is going on in non-work-related areas of your life will make you less productive and ultimately may well have your employer questioning your value as an employee. When you are at work, your priority is the job.
4) Don't let conflicts with co-workers be a hindrance to your joy. Step back and consider the relative importance of co-worker relationships. Being a collegial team player does not require BFFs.
5) Take time to chill- no one can stay focused for 8 hours straight.
The Law firm of Giles Shipp, LLC works with startup and emerging growth small and midsize businesses and law firms to create and implement blueprints for success.